Strategic Content Marketing and Events
Coordinating the 2019 and 2020 Waltham Open Studios
Artists from Waltham, Massachusetts led the open studios trend in the 1970s as they moved into abandoned mill buildings. More than 40 years later, this tradition invites the community to discover more than 80 artists creating at Waltham Mills, Lincoln Studios and Metalwerx.
– Led the volunteer planning committee and worked with the marketing team to build momentum for the 2019 Open Studios, which welcomed more than 2,000 people over the weekend.
– In 2020, Waltham Virtual studios created 12 hours of studio video tours, panel discussions, demonstrations and art slide shows.
Life Coach Business Launch
A newly minted life coach guides educators to well-being both personally and professionally. She wanted a “business card” website and assistance with building her email list.
– Using her brand kit, developed a four page website using WordPress.
– Established photo, video and written library templates for storage and display of work.
– Brainstorm content and established timelines for the newsletter in 2021.
– A soothing website seeks to help education administrators discover coaching resources they can use for their staff.
– Built confidence on developing a content schedule and developing a sales pitch.
A unique Victorian era signature quilt inspires community place making
Using earned media, email marketing and community networks, created connection to the quilt homecoming, e.g., Historic Commission, local businesses, library, artists, religious and community groups.
– Curated a fiber art exhibit to accompany the quilt. Based on geneaological research, created exhibits and content about the people whose names appear on the inscribed quilt.
– Coordinated volunteers to create a scavenger hunt highlighted by a “yarn storm” that raised awareness of the quilt homecoming events.
– More than 300 people visited the Beebe Exhibit on the four Saturdays. This doesn’t include those who attended the First Friday reception or during Melrose Open Studio Tour.
– There was a waiting list to attend at the textile restorer’s presentation. View it online on MMTV (search for “Have Camera Will Travel Quilts).